Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Whoops!

So it has been pointed out by my pal, Jeff Bailey, that the "Million Bad Drawings" quote is incorrect.



When I did the initial search for this famous (?) quote, I kept getting "Everyone has a million bad drawings in them...". That however is not the real quote...

For the record, here's the quote:

"...it was no discouraging surprise to me that my first instructor at
Chouinard Art Institute, like Nicolaides at the Art Students League,
greeted his beginning classes with the following grim edict: 'All of
you here have one hundred thousand bad drawings in you. The sooner you
get rid of them, the better it will be for everyone.'

This was not a discouraging statement to me, because I was already
well into my third hundred thousand."

(From page 51 of "Chuck Amuck: The Life and Times of an Animated Cartoonist.")



I even OWN that book.

Well if Chuck Jones had more than 300,000 bad drawings in him, well then I clearly have a million anyways, so the blog title still stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment