Friday, February 4, 2011

Upcoming Bad Drawing Project!!!

When I first started "A Million Bad Drawings", it was out of frustration that no one wanted to make a comic with me. I loved the idea of writing a story, and then having one of my talented friends draw it out. We would self publish, then watch as the millions of dollars and offers from Hollywood immediately rolled in!

Anyways, no one wanted to make a comic with me. I figured then that I would just draw it myself. Yup, I would learn to draw, and do everything myself.

Anyways, I can't draw very well, but I'm really tired of waiting til I CAN draw. So I decided not to wait for the skill to come to me, but to just start DOING a comic, and then as the comic progressed, so would my skill.

This seems like an awesome idea, right?

Could be. Problem is, I have no idea what to make my comic about. The idea kinda rolling around in my head is sort of a "Creation/Evolution" type story. I'm not talking in a religious way, but more in the way of "AND THEN THERE WAS LINE!", with a character being drawn, simply, no backgrounds, and the story sort of erupts from there. We would follow the man as he discovers a world growing more and more complicated around him (design wise as well as story wise) as he himself grows to be more complicated and flushed out (design wise and emotionally).

So I guess I kind of have A idea... Even if it doesn't make much sense saying it.

So yeah, this way I don't have to design the characters ahead of time, they can happen as they happen.

Anyways, that's the plan. Hopefully I can get the first page of this young mans journey up soon.

In the mean time, here is a ridiculously cool vid posted by Ethan Nicolle on his drawing of an "Axe Cop" comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment